Countdown

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Week 1 Triathlon Training

The only word that really describes training for a triathlon is: "sucks."  My legs hurt, my feet hurt, my shoulders hurt, and I'm tired. I started on Monday, January 10 - last week - and I quickly learned how out of shape I am.  Sure, I can run.  I can swim (sort of).  I can even pedal a stupid bike.  However, doing those things for long periods of time or even doing two of them back to back is a challenge that leaves me dropping to the floor.

The first week went like this:

Monday - Off
Tuesday - 40 minute run + weight training
Wednesday - 24 minute swim/48 minute bike
Thursday - Off
Friday - 24 minute run
Saturday - 35 minute swim + weight training
Sunday - 30 minute swim/80 minute bike

Now, to be fair, my swimming is not for 30 minutes straight, but I don't get out of the water until I actually swim a complete 30 minutes.  It's also not too dreadful because when I get out of the water, I sit on the beach for a little while (my swim training is in the ocean).  The training schedule only gets more intense from here, so I'll be sure to update the blog weekly with the progress.  All I can say is I better finish in the top 10 of this thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment