Olomana Golf Links is a pleasant Windward Oahu golf course located on the other side of the Koolau mountain range from downtown Honolulu and is the quintessential local golf course. What I mean by that is that it's kind of a hidden course far enough away from Honolulu that you won't find any tourists here. Also, it's not the most talked about course so the tourists typically don't hear about it. For a Saturday afternoon, there was hardly anyone there, and they were all locals. Although relatively short for a par-72 layout (5,800 yrds from the white tees), water hazards appear on each hole on the front nine. The back nine starts out with a combination of hilly par-4 and par-3 holes at the 10th through the 13th holes. The prevailing trades play a major factor in scoring well while the well-kept greens make for consistent rolls, a nice touch for any course.
Located closer to the Windward shore than to the towering Ko'olau range where mountain-induced showers can build up quickly, Olomana's typically sunny weather makes this course a reliable option any day of the year. The views are pretty amazing as well, with the mountains in the distance and rolling fairways throughout the back nine. It was not the most difficult course I've played here, but it was also not the most challenging. It also was not the prettiest, but it was certainly in the top 3 or 4. Overall it was a fun course that made the day enjoyable. I think I lost one or two balls, but never wanted to rip my hair out. Had I not putted like it was the first time I ever played golf I would have easily shot in the 80s. Unfortunately, I spent the entire day seemingly trying to figure out how to use a putter.
Pricing Information: (you can make tee-times here)
- Seniors local residents 55 and over $35 weekdays not on holidays
- Afternoon Kama`aina Specials after 12:30pm. Weekday $37/Weekends $45 BOOK ONLINE
- Birthday Special - Play free on your birthday when you bring 3 playing partners. Proof of birthday required.
- GROUP RATES 12 or more $41 Weekday/$49 Weekend
- $95 18 Holes w/cart, $80 2nd visit (save $15), $65 each additional visit (save $30) with card after first visit
- VISITOR TWILIGHT After 1:30 pm $80 Weekday/Weekend
- VISITOR GROUP RATES 8 or more golfers $65 Weekday/Weekend