Countdown

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ke'ehi Loio

Devoted readers may have noticed that I changed the name of the author.  I did this for a variety of reasons, but primarily because writing behind the veil of anonymity allows me to more candidly discuss things I find interesting, annoying, or ridiculous (i.e. I can bitch about work without people at work knowing it's me).  Sure, my friends and facebook stalkers will know who I am, but they know I'm a pedantic, pontificating lawyer already.  Anyway, Ke'ehi Loio means "Rebel Lawyer" or "Renegade Lawyer" in Hawaiian.

So how did I come up with this Nom de Plume you may be wondering...?  Well, I'll tell you.  In law school, I was on the trial team.  Whenever we had competitions, I had a tendency to go slightly off script in the middle of closing arguments, get fired up, walk around the courtroom, and point to things repeatedly.  This earned me the nickname "renegade."  If you're thinking this is the nerdiest story you have ever heard, you now have a glimpse into the wonderful life of a law student/lawyer.  It's a sad existence.  But it did give me a blog name.

No comments:

Post a Comment