Countdown

Friday, November 26, 2010

Headnote of the Week

Since this is, in theory, a law-related blog, I came up with a new, recurring (and short) post: Headnotes of the Week.  A headnote is a brief summary of a particular point of law that is added to the text of a court decision to aid readers in locating discussion of a legal issue in an opinion. As the term implies, headnotes appear at the beginning of the published opinion. Since I do so much researching, I often come across things courts have said that are ridiculous, funny, or just interesting.  At the end of every week, I'll post the one I like the most from that week.

This week:

District court could take judicial notice that Thanksgiving fell on November 25, 2004. 
Roberts v. Jones, 390 F. Supp. 2d 1333 (M.D. Ga. 2005)

No comments:

Post a Comment